FamiCord Suisse SA has been acquired by the Famicord, a leading European bank in the storage of stem cells from different sources: umbilical cord blood and umbilical cord tissue.
FamiCord, who has a 15-years experience in stem cell preservation, is in possession of the American AABB (American Association of Blood Banks) accreditation, the only umbilical cord bank in Europe with the ATMP (Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products) standard. Over 200 samples preserved at our stem cell bank have been already released for Standard and Experimental Clinical use.
Our laboratory is located in Contone, Switzerland; our team is composed by different people:
- Qualified biologists
- Quality Manager
- Production Manager
- Qualified Person
- General Manager
- External consultants
The building is divided into two different zones:
1. Office zone
2. Laboratory zone
The office zone:
Different desks and a meeting room are available for the staff and external people.
• Blood laboratory: is a dedicated room with two laminar flow cabinet and technical equipment for the process of blood units.
• Quality control lab: is a dedicated room used for all quality control on samples, after the processing.
• Clean room: is a D class laboratory, with an air lock for the access of the personnel and with two Cell Isolators inside used for processing tissues (cord and placenta tissue) under a class A, compliance to the GMP guidelines.
The laboratory is certified and authorized to process and storage stem cells from blood and tissue for autologous use.Our Quality System is GMP-compliance and all aspects of the site are improved to increase to quality of the process and the standard of the work such as:
• Remote alarms on all equipment
• Intrusion alarm system
• Access to the laboratory zone with a fingerprint access control
• Security of sensitive data through a dedicated management system.
We got a Swiss Medic authorization n. 511239-102605679.
Depending on a country we offer processing in one of the laboratories of choice: in Portugal, Poland and Switzerland.